How to navigate this website
To navigate this website, please use the top horizontal menu bar and expandable sections which appear when you hover over a menu option. Alternatively you can find a search box at the top of the page or visit our ‘Search’ section.
Please note that there are parts of the site that are inaccessible, for example our web chat function. In this instance, please contact us by phone, email or Text Relay, details are below:
Emergency number 0800 6783 105;
General Enquiries 0800 096 3080;
Text Relay - dial 18001 before the Emergency or General Enquiries numbers;
Typetalk 02920 535 375;
Text rely 18001 then 0800 6783105;
Text 07537 402105;
Facebook: Western Power Distribution.
How to alter the text size on this website
You can to increase, or decrease, the size of the text from the top of any page.
Internet Explorer users
- Select View (on the menu bar across the top of your browser)
- then select Text Size
- then select the size.
You can also hold down CTRL and use the mouse wheel at the same time to change the text sizes.
Mozilla Firefox users
- Use the mouse wheel (or hold down CTRL and use + key to increase font) to change the text sizes.
- Click on View in your Safari menu, located at the top of your screen.
- When the drop-down menu appears, click on the option labelled Make Text Bigger.
- You will notice that all of the text within the web page you are viewing has become larger. To increase the size again, just repeat these steps.
How to alter the choice of font on this website:
You can alter the font of the text on this website by clicking on your choice of font at the top of any page.
Internet Explorer users
- Open your Internet Options window by going to Tools. Under History, choose Fonts and select your preferred style, then click OK.
- Go to Accessibility within Internet Options and click on Ignore font styles/font sizes specified on Web pages
- Then click OK. You should now see a difference in font.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options.
- Select the Content panel.
- Under Fonts & Colors, use the drop-down menus to select the font and font size of your choice.
- Click OK to close the Options window.
- Click the Safari menu on your browser's window and click Preferences to launch the Safari Preferences. Alternatively, press the Command-, (comma) keys to launch the preferences.
- Click the Appearance tab and click the Select button next to the Standard font box. The font box opens.
- Select the All Fonts link in the Collection box to view the entire list of fonts. Click a category in the left pane to view specific types of fonts.
- Highlight the font to use and select a size in the Size section. Select any additional options to use, such as paragraphing, and then click the drop-down menu in the lower-left corner.
- Click Preview to see the changes before saving them. Close the fonts box when you're satisfied.
- Click the Select button next to the Fixed-width font section and then select the options to use. Close the fonts box when you finish, and then close the Safari Preferences.
How to alter the colour of text and background
You may find specific colours enable you to view our web site easier.
Internet Explorer users
- Open your Internet Options window by going to Tools
- Under History, choose Accessibility and click on Ignore colours specified on Web pages
- Then click OK.
- Go to Edit Preferences, Appearance, Colours
- Choose Always use my colours, overriding document, then choose your colours.
Hearing impaired customers
Our site has been designed to allow Screen Readers to read our pages. If you have an enquiry about a service please contact us on:
Typetalk - 02920 535 375;
Text rely - 18001 then 0800 6783105;
Text - 07537 402105;
We have been awarded the Louder than Words accreditation from Action on Hearing Loss (AOHL), formerly RNID, for the excellent levels of service and accessibility for customers and employees who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Visually impaired customers
If you would like to receive any of our customer leaflets in Braille or on audio CD please call us on 0800 0556833.
Listen to this website with BrowseAloud Plus
Whether you are using a Smartphone, Tablet, PC or Mac, BrowseAloud Plus will provide the speech and reading support tools you require for free.
What is BrowseAloud Plus?
BrowseAloud Plus reads website content out loud using the most natural and engaging voice to transform your online reading experience. New features include: Translator, Simplifier, Screen Masking for Touch Screens and the ability to personalise the settings to suit individual needs and preferences.
Who does BrowseAloud Plus help?
BrowseAloud Plus helps website visitors who require online reading support and those who simply prefer to listen to information instead of reading it. Those with print disabilities, such as dyslexia or mild visual impairments, and those with English as a second language find BrowseAloud Plus particularly useful.
How do I get BrowseAloud Plus?
Click on the BrowseAloud Panel that appears on the bottom of each page of this website to launch the BrowseAloud Plus toolbar then simply click any text to hear it read aloud.
For more information, please visit www.browsealoud.com
If you have a complaint
Or you have some feedback on our service please contact us on:
TextRelay: 18001 0800 0556833;
Fax: 0117 9332428;
Please tell us the best way to respond to you for example by letter, fax, email or text to your mobile phone.
If we need to visit you at home
If you need a BSL or other interpreter to attend a home visit, please let us know and we can arrange this for you free of charge.