Skip to main content

Moving electricity supplies and equipment

  • If you need to 'move an electricity supply' as a result of building work, such as an extension to a domestic dwelling, please apply using one of the options below.

    You can apply online or download an application form.

    To submit your application, you will need...

    Your application can be submitted online...

    Apply online

    Or if preferred, by post or email...

  • If you wish to 'move our electricity cables or overhead power lines' for major highways works, transport works, bridge works or to make way for new buildings and road infrastructure, please contact us to discuss your requirements.

    Contact us to request diversionary works

    Lines are open Monday to Friday8:30am to 5:00pm.

  • In some instances, customers may wish to move their metering equipment to make room for additional electrical equipment such as an isolator.  If you require only the meter to be moved a short distance, with no change to the location of the incoming supply cable, we cannot help you with this.  The company you pay your electricity bill to (your supplier) legally owns the meter and only they can carry out these works.

Where to send your application

When you have completed your application, please email or post it, along with its supporting documentation, to your regional office listed below.

Lines are open Monday to Friday8:30am to 5:00pm.


Western Power Distribution, Records Team, 3rd Floor, Toll End Road, Tipton, DY4 0HH

South Wales

Western Power Distribution, Records Team, Phoenix Way, Llansamlet, Swansea, SA7 9HW

South West

Western Power Distribution, Records Team, Lostwithiel Road, Bodmin, PL31 1DE

Unsure which of our areas you're in?

Use our distribution area search tool

Supporting information

Legal permissions and consents

Connection offers and agreements

Connection offer expenses regulations (A&D fees)