Quotation accuracy scheme
We will provide a breakdown of the connection charge with every connection offer for a new or modified connection.
For small works connections you will be able to make a comparison with the table of charges within our Connections Charging Methodology Statement to check the accuracy of your offer.
By a simple process, the Quotation Accuracy Scheme (QAS) allows you to challenge the accuracy of the connection charge for certain scheme types.
You can challenge under the QAS if the connection charge is for:
- 1-4 domestic dwellings, or
- A single 100Amp commercial connection requiring only a service line, or
- Service alterations rated up to 100A per phase.
In each case the highest voltage of assets associated in providing the connection(s) must be at low voltage.
You can also challenge if you believe your offer to be incorrect for one or both of the following reasons:
- The connection charge is outside the price ranges given in the relevant QAS tables, or
- You are unable to make a comparison as we have not provided sufficient information with the offer.
Also, if you have any difficulties in understanding the cost breakdown, in the first instance please do not hesitate to get in touch with the named Western Power Distribution contact in your offer letter.
You can challenge a connection charge using the QAS within 60 calendar days of its issue or within 10 calendar days of your acceptance, whichever is the earliest date.
Please complete the online QAS form by clicking here, ensuring you provide an explanation as to why you are challenging the connection charge.
We will acknowledge receipt of your QAS challenge and provide you with a unique reference number.
We shall review the connection charge and assess whether:
- We have provided enough information to allow you to make an assessment of the accuracy of the connection charge, and
- The connection charge falls within the ranges identified in the relevant tables.
Following our assessment we will write and inform you whether we believe the original connection charge to be accurate or not.
If we have failed in either, or both of the conditions outlined above (excepting where the connection charge is outside of the range of charges but we have provided a legitimate explanation as to the reason for the discrepancy), we will do either of the following:
- Provide a revised connection offer, or
- Make a penalty payment, or
- Make a partial refund of the connection charge (where the connection charge has already been paid).
If we believe the original connection charge is correct, the offer will still apply.
For further information regarding the QAS please click here to view a copy of our published scheme.