Apply for 'In This Together - Community Matters' festive fund
Application closes on Sunday 15th November at midnight, no further applications will be accepted after this time.
Local authorities, parish councils, charities and community groups are being encouraged to apply for extra financial support to help their communities over the festive period, as WPD extends its ‘In This Together - Community Matters Fund’ today (Monday 2 November).
This £250k fund intends to support vulnerable people who have been most affected by the coronavirus pandemic and its restrictions, and for whom the upcoming holiday season is going to provide increasing hardship, by helping local organisations to deliver vital support and services.
Awards of up to £1,500 are available to support initiatives such as those offering food and clothing parcels and hot meals, as well as gifts and support to vulnerable children, adults and the elderly over the winter holidays.
Phil Swift, WPD’s Chief Executive, said: “We all know that the festive period is going to be different this year but, for some, the effects of the pandemic will hit particularly hard and make this time incredibly difficult. I’m delighted we’re able to extend our commitment and play our role in supporting our communities through this challenging time.
“Our grants have already delivered a welcome boost to a wide range of organisations from large city hospitals to smaller community groups. As winter approaches, we are recognising initiatives that work hard to spread a little festive cheer and practical support amongst those that need it most.
“We look forward to hearing from local organisations with ideas of how our funding could help them to extend their support during the festive season.”
For more information about how we’re supporting staff, customers and communities, visit our Coronavirus page.
To qualify for funding you must be able to meet the criteria below:
- Your organisation’s activity must take place within the WPD network area (East Midlands, West Midlands, South West England and South & West Wales) as defined by WPD’s postcode database. The map below shows this area or you can use this postcode checker: www.westernpower.co.uk/About-us/Our-Business/Distribution-area/Find-your-distributor.aspx.
2. You are a local authority, parish or town council, registered charity or community group.
3. The funding you require must directly benefit people within your community over the festive period.
4. The support, services and initiative you are applying for must be aimed at helping those most affected by coronavirus and vulnerable at this time such as children, low income families, sole pensioners and those with underlying health conditions. Examples of support could include hot meals, seasonal gifts, food and clothing parcels and welfare services.
5. Funding applications for local authorities, parish/town councils and charities are up to a maximum of £1,500. Community groups can apply for up to £500.
Applications are now closed.