WPD's Environment and Innovation Report aims to provide all of our stakeholders with a transparent and public account of our environmental and innovation performance over the last twelve months.
We will use this report to provide an all-inclusive overview that includes clear justification for our actions and the benefits to our customers.
Reducing our impact on the environment and embracing the increase in low carbon technologies is one of our key RIIO-ED1 outputs. To this end throughout 2019-20 we have achieved the following improvements:
- Zero waste to landfill achieved in East Midlands and South Wales WPD licence areas
- Continued reduction in our Business Carbon Footprint
- Reduction in fluid filled cable losses and SF6 leaks across the business
- Successful certification to ISO14001:2015 environmental management system standard.
- 26 projects delivered
- 61 submissions to our Network Innovation Allowance calls
- 28,048 hits on our Innovation website
- 46 PQ monitors installed as part of the Primary Networks Power Quality Analysis project
- 242 items of feedback on barriers to domestic flexibility as part of the Future Flex project
- 1,347 events analysed as part of the ALARM project, of which 165 look like pecking faults.
- Continue to improve progress in RIIO-ED1 business environmental outputs – specifically
our output for fluid filled cable leaks and SF6 emissions
- Continue to identify and remove PCB contaminated equipment across the UK distribution network
- Maintain and improve our environmental performance and compliance record with the environmental regulators
- Investment in the development of alternatives