Benefits of being on our register
Sometimes power cuts can happen for reasons beyond our control.
We know this can be particularly worrying if you rely on electricity for medical equipment or if you are elderly, very ill or disabled.
Anyone self-isolating, as a result of the coronavirus outbreak, should contact us in the event of a power cut and tell us the situation, even if they are not on the register. They can also contact us via the website. We will then do our very best to help these customers during a power cut.
If you join our FREE Priority Service Register we can:
- Give you a direct number to call in the event of a power cut so you can get straight through to us;
- Agree a password with you before we visit, so you feel safe;
- Provide special help, if needed, through the British Red Cross;
- Inform you about planned interruptions to your electricity supply;
- Keep you as informed as possible in the event of an unplanned power cut.
Please click here for more information about our services and how to contact us.
Please click here for our power cut advice leaflet.
Please click here to view our accessibility options.
Customers on our register can ask us to agree a password with them should we need to visit them. This will ensure they feel safe and know who is at their door.
We also have an agreement with the British Red Cross which allows them to attend large scale emergencies and support customers without power.