Interactive costing tool
To provide you with an estimated connection charge for your development, you may find it useful to have the following information available prior to using this costing tool:
1. The location type of your required connection, i.e. urban or rural.
2. The type of connection required – it is assumed that domestic connections are single phase and commercial connections are three phase.
3. The number of connections required.
4. The capacity required for each commercial connection – your electrician should be able to provide you with an indication of the capacity you require to suit your connection needs.
5. The distance from the existing network and the number of minor road crossings between our existing network and your development site. If you are unsure of the location of our existing network, you may request a copy of network plans via our website here.
Terms and Conditions for the use of Interactive Costing Tool
Before using the Interactive Costing Tool you will need to read and agree to abide by the following terms and conditions.
This Interactive Costing Tool is intended to provide a generic indication of what a connection may cost, and does not take into account (i) any connection-specific factors that may be relevant, and/ or (ii) costs (including legal fees) of WPD securing the land rights necessary to carry out the connection works. The calculation relates to a straightforward connection with no complicating features, and incorporates various assumptions, for example, that:
- Works will take place during normal working hours
- No reinforcement of our network will be required to accommodate the required demand load
- The existing network will not need to be moved
- There are no disturbing loads, for example, motors, welders
- Your connection does not include any generation, for example, via solar panels
- Any substation required as part of the connection will be constructed by you, and will be located next to the public highway with constant unrestricted vehicular access
- The connection route will be direct and economical and will not be affected by abnormal ground connections
As a result, the calculations that the Interactive Costing Tool provides should not be relied upon as an accurate estimate of the costs of a connection, and no responsibility is accepted by us for any action taken on the basis of such calculations. Any budget estimate or quotation that we provide to you may differ from the calculations arrived at using the Interactive Costing Tool.
These terms and conditions do not exclude or limit our liability (if any) to you for personal injury or death resulting from our negligence, fraud and fraudulent misrepresentation, or any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.
Subject to the above, we will not be liable to you in tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with your use of the Interactive Costing Tool for loss of profits, loss of sales or business, loss of agreements or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of or damage to goodwill or any indirect or consequential loss.