Boost to Ironbridge power network
We are due to start on a £130,000 scheme to boost the reliability of power supplies for homes and businesses in Ironbridge and its surrounding area.
This scheme involves the removal of some of the overhead line in the area, and the digging and laying of new 11,000 volt underground cable to ensure network reliability for customers for years to come.
Work is being carried out along Station Road, Buildwas Road and The Wharfage and will involve road closures and the installation of temporary traffic lights to allow the work to progress quickly and safely.
WPD Technician John Anderson from their Telford Underground & Plant team said: “We have been in consultation with Telford & Wrekin Council and other utility companies to identify the best way of keeping disruption to a minimum during these works. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused while this work is taking place.”
Work will start on Monday 5 October and is expected to be complete in eight weeks. Part of Station Road, near its junction with The Wharfage, will be closed from 5-9 October. Work will continue along Buildwas Road and the Wharfage from Station Road to the New Road junction in phases. Rolling road closures and temporary traffic lights will be in place on Buildwas Road and The Wharfage while the works takes place. Affected Junctions along the route are Dale Road, Lincoln, Hill, with work concluding on the junction with New Road.
Here is an overview of the work timeframes:
- Station Road closure: 5-9 October
- Buildwas Road closure between Station Road junction and entrance to Dale End Car Park: 10-23 October
- Dale End Car Park crossing entrance closed 17 October – 19 October 8am
- The Wharfage (between Dale End Car Park and Dale End roundabout) closed 19-23 October (Phase 3)
- Foundary Mews closure near Dale End roundabout. Traffic lights in operation to keep Dale End roundabout open: 24-26 October
- Closure of The Wharfage from Dale End roundabout to New Road junction: 27 October – 27 November