Because we are judged on the quality of our customer service we know the importance of our people getting it right first time, every time and it is crucial to our success.
Our staff work hard to make this philosophy a reality so that when our customers need us they can be sure of a swift and efficient response. Our commitment is to make contact, when possible, the same day any enquiry is received.
Click here for a handy guide to our customer services.
Working closely with groups representing customer interests has resulted in a number of industry leading initiatives designed to improve customer service standards even further.
- Providing clearer information on customer quotes
- Improved messaging for customers during power supply faults
- Provision of a 24 hour contact number for a manager authorised to resolve customer issues
- The introduction of new services for vulnerable customers
- Being awarded the Action on Hearing Loss (formerly RNID) 'Louder than Words' deaf accreditation for providing the best possible service to deaf and hard of hearing customers and staff
Our staff ethos of getting it right first time, every time is based upon:
- Taking personal responsibility
- Working with others to find a solution
- Following the problem until the end
- Keeping the customer informed
- Following the Golden Rule - treat customers the way you would like to be treated
WPD’s guide to our customer services document gives details of the services we offer to customers:
- How to contact Western Power Distribution
- How to register for priority services
- Power cuts – helpful advice
- Planned interruptions to your electricity supply
- When we visit your home
- Complaints – how to contact us