Delivering value for money
WPD is the distribution network operator for the Midlands, South West and South Wales.
It is responsible for delivering electricity to 7.9 million customers in the UK and committed to investing around £1 billion on the network annually.
The distribution service makes up around 17% of an average customer's electricity bill which is around £100 a year or 27p a day.
For the full overall GB bill breakdown please head to the Ofgem website here.
For 27p a day, in 2017/18 WPD customers received:
- Highest customer satisfaction in the industry - for the 7th consecutive year
- Number one for stakeholder engagement - for the 7th consecutive year
- Better than target network performance - on average customers have a power cut once in 2 years, for 26 minutes
- Better than target for connection time to quote and time to connect - small schemes receive a quote in 8 days and generally connected in 42 days
- Transition to a Distributed System Operator is underway
- WPD supported 15,229 fuel poor customers to save over £5.4 million a year