Sometimes power cuts can happen for reasons beyond our control. We know this can be particularly worrying if you rely on electricity for medical equipment or if you are elderly, very ill or disabled. This is where our Priority Services Register can help.
What is the Priority Services Register?
The Priority Services Register (PSR) is free to join. It helps energy companies* like us to look after customers who have extra communication, access or safety needs. It helps us tailor our services to support households who may need extra help.
* Energy companies include gas and electricity suppliers, the networks companies who transport energy to your home and meter operators.
How to join our Priority Services Register?
If you join our FREE Priority Services Register we can:
- Give you a direct number to call in the event of a power cut so you can get straight through to us.
- Agree a password with you before we visit, so you feel safe.
- Provide special help, if needed, through the British Red Cross.
- Inform you about planned interruptions to your electricity supply.
- Keep you as informed as possible in the event of an unplanned power cut.